Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pinterest Promise 2012 - Day 5

Do I have a TON of old T-shirts that I SHOULD have gotten rid of a long time ago!!
You will start seeing them disappear along with me!

Day 5 = T-shirt Re-do.
The Pin is on my Pinterest HERE

Here is what I did.  I used a similar piece of metal as the bracelet I made a couple of days ago.
Maybe I should work on an outfit to go with the pieces......



The directions were:

1. grab some cotton t-shirts you don’t wear anymore. larger sizes tend to work better as do non-ribbed shirts with no side seams. small logos on the shirts work fine, too. 2. grab a pair of fabric scissors if you have them, otherwise any scissors will do. 3. lay the shirt out on a flat table in front of you. 4. cut the hem off the bottom and put it aside. 5. cut the shirt into 1-1 1/2 ” horizontal strips all the way up to the armpit. 6. grab 3-4 shirt strips in both hands, and gently stretch them out. the strips will naturally curl into themselves. 7. once you have done this with many of the strips, it is time to get creative. try draping them, wrapping one end with excess fabric, combining colors, braiding them, attaching beads, pins, old jewelry, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pages